Trying to share the screen on Discord but failing every time? You are not alone! Many users around the globe are facing the same problem. How To Enable Screen Share On Discord Server gives so much trouble sometimes.
But there are ways to get rid of this problem, and this is what I am going to tell you today in this article, how to enable screen share on the Discord server.
So if you are in trouble with sharing a screen on Discord, set aside all your worries and read the article very carefully. This article is gonna solve your problem!
Discord Voice Channel Screen Share – How To Do It
Discord voice channel screen share is basically a very simple process. The issue occurs because you might have not added that particular program to Discord.
Try the method I stated below and check if your problem gets over or not.
- Run Discord.
- Run the program which you want to share.
- Click Settings.
- Click Game Activity.
- Select Add it.
- Click the Select box.
- Select the program that you would like to share from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add Game.
Important – Do not forget to turn the toggle next to OVERLAY on in the Google Chrome browser.
That’s it! You’re done!
Why Can’t I Share Screen On Discord?
Does Discord say Discord screen-sharing is unavailable when you try to share the screen? Believe me, it is not the fault of you or your device!
If you are trying to share Discord in the full-screen mode, then you might face the message Discord screen share not working. The problem is happening because Discord presently does not support full-screen sharing.
Users are only allowed to share their screen which has a separate window.
So if the problem is happening to you, you better check whether the game you want to share is running on full-screen mode or not.
And if it is running in the full-screen mode, change it to the windowed mode.
How To Enable Screen Share On Discord Server
You need to follow certain steps to enable screen share on the Discord server.
- Video/Camera Settings
- Open Discord.
- Open Settings.
- Come to App Settings.
- Select Voice and Video.
- Select your video camera in the drop-down list by scrolling down in the Video settings.
- If your browser asks for access, click Allow.
Screen Share Settings
- Click the server with which you want to share your screen.
- Click Screen.
- Choose the screen you are going to share.
- Adjust video quality.
- Click Go Live.
Sharing Discord Screen on Mobile
- Open the Discord app.
- Access the server with which you are working.
- Tap for joining a video call.
- Select the option for screen share right at the bottom.
- Confirm your action.
- After confirming, you’ll be able to share your screen in the chat.
Discord Screen Share Without Camera
Unfortunately, this is not possible. You must need a camera to share your screen on Discord. Without a camera, this feature really won’t work.
How To Screen Share On Discord Mobile With Sound
If you are using Discord on your iOS or Android phone, then there is a simple way to share your screen with sound enabled. Just follow the steps I stated below to share your Discord screen from your mobile.
- Open Discord app.
- Join in a video call or a voice channel.
- Tap the Screen Share button in the call controls bar.
- Tap Try It Out! In the dialog box that appears.
- Tap Start Now.
This is it. That is how you share your Discord screen with audio enabled.
Discord Screen Share Limit
Discord started the screen share facility in the time of pandemics to decrease the boredom of people during the lockdowns worldwide. At first, it was limited to only 10 people.
That means you were able to share your Discord screen with 10 people at a time.
But now as an up-gradation, Discord is allowing their users to share their screen with up to 50 people! Now you can play games and show how you are playing to 50 people at a time!
This feature is newly added by Discord developers in the Go Live section of the app.
How To Share Screen On Discord – Laptop
Sharing a screen on Discord on a laptop is not a big deal. You can share your Discord screen from your laptop by following the steps I stated below, and that too with the audio!
You only need a laptop that has a webcam. If your laptop doesn’t have a webcam, you can use an external webcam too!
- Open Discord from your laptop.
- Open the server you want to share.
- Join a voice channel.
- Click the Screen option at the left at the bottom.
- Select video quality and frame rate.
- Click Go Live.
- Click the Screen option again to disconnect the stream.
How To Enable Screen Sharing On Discord – Mac
To share the screen on Discord from Mac, you need to change a few settings on your Mac.
- Open the Voice and Video settings.
- Come to Screen Share.
- Install the software you are offered from here.
- Now go to System Preferences and give permissions for Discord to share the screen.
- Now open Discord followed by the server you want to share.
- Join a voice channel and click on the option called Screen at bottom-left.
- Adjust video quality and frame rate.
- Click Go Live.
You won’t be able to share your screen if you try to share the entire screen. Go to the windowed mode to share your screen successfully.
- Why Can’T I Share Screen On Discord?
There can be several reasons for your trouble in sharing the screen on Discord. You probably are trying to share the entire screen, which is not allowed in Discord right now.
You must come to the windowed mode to share your screen successfully on Discord. Or you might have not a camera.
Without a camera, you cannot share your screen. Or perhaps you do not have the permissions for Discord to share the screen.
- How Do I Enable Screen Sharing In Discord Ios?
You need to join a voice channel first in order to share your screen on Discord from your iOS phone. After that, you can access the call options which you will find at the bottom.
Tap on the phone icon here which has an arrow. You will find it next to the mute button. This will give you access to screen share and bring up the built-in tool for screen recording.
Tap Start Broadcast in order to start sharing your screen with others.
To Wrap It Up
Discord first launched the screen sharing mode during a pandemic to make people free from their boredom.
This feature got an instant hit and from then the Discord developers are continuously trying to increase the features and the facilities in this new Go Live section of screen sharing.
I hope you all get all the answers you needed related to Discord screen share in this article.
All the best! Happy sharing!